Friday, October 7, 2011

Name Banner Quilts


I came up with the idea for this wall hanging after finishing an alphabet quilt for my son.  I have made three of these so far.  I used the same letter templates for this as the alphabet quilt.  I used hand applique for the letters and hearts, and I did hand quilting around each letter and heart.  All of the fabrics in this wall hanging are the same as ones used in the alphabet quilt.


This one hangs in my daughter's room.  This is also hand appliqued and hand quilted.  The daisy template is from EQ.  I am hoping to make a bed quilt for her in the future that will include some of these same fabrics and maybe the flowers too.  I'm still working on designing that one.





These are just some closer detail photos.


I made this one for a friend to coordinate with a sailboat quilt I made for her son.  This one is entirely machine appliqued and quilted.  I used a light fusible web to attach the letters and then did a machine blanket stitch around each one.

I thought maybe I could offer these as an item in my Etsy shop.  I think they could do quite well, but I'm still not sure whether or not I want to go down that road....

No comments:

Post a Comment