Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tablerunner


This is a tablerunner I made for my mother-in-law's birthday in March, 2010.  I used Electric Quilt to help me plan this out.  I did not purchase any fabrics for this quilt.  I made it entirely with fabrics already on hand.



I machine pieced and quilted this one. Start-to-finish I think it took me about a week to make this. I procrastinated getting this going, mainly because I was working on my friend's sailboat quilt, so I was kind of in marathon mode when I made this.



If I decide to make another one of these, I would like to make it a little longer.  I also think I would change the yellow pieced border to one that is not pieced.  That would make it a little quicker to put together, and I don't think the pieced border is necessary to the overall design anyways.  This tablerunner would look good in many different colorways, and might make nice gifts for the holidays.  I just might make a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment