Monday, October 3, 2011

Alphabet Magnets

Oh, how I love my laminating machine!  Before I had my own I was constantly borrowing my mother-in-law's.  Last year, my husband bought me my very own for a Christmas present.  Since then, I have used it to do many different types of things.  I thought that today I would share an example of something I have done with my laminating machine.

At the end of the summer I was in a dollar store looking for some activity workbooks for my kids.  I came across a set of alphabet cut-outs (the kind teachers would use on a bulletin board).  When I got them home and opened them, I realized the paper used to make them was quite flimsy (that's what I should expect from a dollar store, I suppose).  But, never fear, my laminating machine is here!



As I was laminating all the letters, I decided "hey, why not go one step further?"  So, I bought some adhesive magnetic strips from the craft store, and now I have some really nice alphabet magnets for our refrigerator!

But I didn't stop there.  No, I did not.  I went online to search for free clip art of objects that start with the letter A.  I printed these onto some white card stock, cut them out, and laminated them too!  Now we have letters AND pictures to go with the letters, reinforcing the beginning letter sounds for my kids.  So far, I have done pictures for the letters A, B, and C.

Take a look!
Not bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment