Friday, April 29, 2011

Feeling Good

Feeling quite good today due to all the various tasks I've been able to complete.  Though my "To Do" list is never quite done, I've managed to do a few things on the list; and that always makes me feel pretty good.  We are having the best of what spring has to offer, as far as the weather goes.  I know this has a lot to do with my overall state-of-mind.

Here are some things I did today:

  • I washed our sheets and comforter (which I'm embarrassed to say how long it's been since I've washed THAT) and hung them out on the clothesline to dry.  
  • I also was able to vacuum out my car today, which included removing and cleaning two car seats and all the "gunk" in, under, and surrounding them.  I'm always amazed at the amount of food items I discover when cleaning out the car -- lots of stale "goldfish" crackers, raisins, fruit snacks, and even some gum!
  • I managed to fit in about 30 minutes of exercise -- about 10 minutes of weight lifting and about 20 minutes of cardio.  While exercising, I also finished watching "Dirty Dancing" which I haven't watched in years -- in fact, my copy is a VHS tape!
  • I completed a bunch of tutoring-related paperwork too.  Last night I completed all my tutoring hours and said good-bye to the family I have been working with since November.  They've been a good family to work with, and I hope I'll have a chance to work with them again next year.  I know some other tutors who haven't been so lucky.
  • I did some work on my hexagon quilt.  I'm currently making more muslin hexagons.  I'm getting near the end of that particular task.  I currently have 734 made out of a total 864 that I need -- coming down the home stretch!
  • In addition to all that, I took care of my 3 and 2 year old children, another 2 year old for 3 1/2 hours, and a K, 3rd and 5th grader after school for a few more hours.

All in all, I'd say it's been a pretty productive day!  I'm missing my husband though.  He worked all day and is now at a track meet that will keep him away from home until probably 10:00pm.  Once the last daycare child is picked up, I will be taking the kids and heading over to my in-laws for some take-out dinner.  I'm looking forward to some "adult" company this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment