Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hexagon Update

Between all of the projects I have recently completed, I have continued plugging away at my hexagon quilt.  It's been a year since I have stopped to document my progress, so I thought today would be a good day to lay it all out again and take a look.  

This quilt is pieced entirely by hand.  If you are curious as to how this is constructed, or want to view my progress from the beginning of this project, be sure to check out my Hexagon Tutorial and Hexagon Progress blog posts.

So far, I have 22 flower units sewed together (rows 1, 2 & 3 are done)!  All but 11 flower units have their muslin hexagons sewn on and I have prepared many more green hexagons (I stopped keeping track of the number a while back).

It's really starting to come together now!  I still have not decided exactly how I am going to finish this off -- what the backing will be, how I will handle the binding, borders (if any), etc.  I figure I still have plenty of time to think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment