Monday, November 28, 2011

"What the?"


An interesting thing happened yesterday afternoon.  My husband and I took our kids to a nature preserve so they could exercise their new-found bike riding skills in a fairly level and traffic-free environment.  We typically have them ride around a paved loop in the preserve. 


Anyways, as we came full circle and were heading out of the preserve back to the parking lot, I noticed a book lying on the bench that was definitely not there when we had passed by on the way in.


Well, this interested me immediately, so I picked it up.  I mean, I couldn't just leave it there to get ruined in the elements, could I?  Especially after reading this:

So, I'm doing what it says.  I started reading the book last night and registered the book on the book crossing web site this morning.  The title of the book is Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.  It turns out I am the second person to read this particular copy of the book.  I can't wait to see where it ends up once I "release" it back into the wild!

Now, tell me -- Would this kind of thing happen with a Kindle or a Nook?  I don't think so.  No matter what technological advances come along, I hope to never see a day when "real" books become obsolete.




No comments:

Post a Comment